June 15

Today we spent the morning with Amber and her darling children (seriously, they could not be any more fabulous) at the zoo. Since I can't be bothered to take pictures of animals, I hope you'll be satisfied with pictures of us and our antics instead.
My children had never before ridden on the carousel (I think). 
This is because, at our free zoo, one must pay to ride the carousel. Our family does not pay for such things.
But today, I promised Caleb a ride on the carousel during the zoo's free hour. But the sneaky zoo changed things up on us, and we missed the free hour. Rather than disappoint my sweet little boy, I ponied up the $6 for our little family to ride.

It was a good choice.

Caleb rode a giraffe, and loved it!

Can you see Daisy in the mirror? She rode a horse that went up and down, and grinned the whole time.

It's hard to simultaneously photograph and hold on to children. It's even harder with a 50mm lens.

Caleb's carousel joy, from two feet away.

Caleb and Mary, checking out the chimpanzees.

Caleb and a very photogenic camel. 

Even with Baby #4, Amber makes the whole pregnancy thing look effortless. 
I should probably tell her to stop that - it makes every other pregnant woman in the world look bad.

Michael was pointing at two lion cubs, who were pretty funny to watch.

Caleb's favorite part of the zoo trip, though, was the elephant fountain. He didn't even want to turn away from it for a photo.

Luckily, I convinced him to turn around. Michael was cooperative, at least - this is his stellar "cheese" face. I can't stop laughing about it. Just gaze at that little face for a while and try not to laugh.

This one makes me the happiest, though. Mama Catherine, Daisy who is way past naptime and mealtime and totally done with the whole zoo thing, Michael clapping his little hands, goofy Caleb who is about to sneak his arm around Mary, and Mary, who is doing Lord-knows-what.  Amber and I are pretty lucky mamas!

You can see Amber's (much better) pictures at her blog, including some of animals. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures on the carousel - I had a wider lens and kids who were further apart and totally failed! Do you think we can make it by 8am next time? Also, Mary was looking at a counting book that has pictures of cute babies in it this afternoon and she called every one "Daisy-Bug". If she and Catherine were a couple years older they would be babysitters-at-the-ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pic of caleb and mary looking at the chimps is just so sweet. and then the one with caleb and his arm around her is adorable (on amber's) . what a great day out! and i love love love the pic of my dad and nanc and your family. i wish that you were in the pic. im printing and also using as my screen:) thank you oh fabulosa photog!!

    ReplyDelete