June 30

The past few days have been a jumble of playtime and hot and projects and more hot... I think the heat is making me a little grumpy and lazy. The only time I've been willing to take them outside is in the morning when it's cooler, or in the evening when we go to the pool.

Here are some photos from morning playtime the other day:
Jammies on the porch, pretending to drink from a cup.

Hmm... is it a sacred chalice?

Daisy decided to pretend the cup was a shoe. She thought this was hilarious.

See? Shoe? Funny!

Then her "shoe" fell off, which was even funnier.

I like this picture because his jammies are hilarious, and it's a pretty accurate representation of my sweet boy.

The next day, I was out hanging towels on the clothesline when I heard a rustle. It turned out that we had visitors in our back yard, and I hadn't even noticed!

Mama doe and her two fawns. I'm pretty sure I saw one being birthed in those trees just a month ago.

They didn't want to hang around and chat, and headed up the path to the hillside.

I love that I got a picture of one of the babies nursing while the other grazed. As a nursing mama, I feel a bit of a kinship with that mama doe. The kinship grew even stronger when she irritably pushed her fawn away so that she could eat a bit, too. I hear ya, mama!

What fun! 

1 comment: