July 26

These kids. Can we just talk about them for a moment?

Oh, my. I love how they love each other. Today, Daisy showed me that she can climb up onto a miniature bench that sits on our front porch. It's adorable, but terrifying. What if she falls? But the moment she climbed up on that bench, Caleb sat down next to her. And the moment he sat down next to her, she reached up and... 
started wiping his hair? Apparently Daisy has a strong maternal instinct.

Caleb thought it was really funny.

Then she did this: 
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just a quivering puddle of goo.

She's hugging him! Of her own volition! They love each other!
(Side note: our dinner companions tonight informed me that in a few years' time, they will no longer love each other like this. I hope and pray this is not the case.)

And then she pretended to blow her nose. 

Because that runny nose from the teething? It's not from the teething. It's a cold. That she picked up at the church nursery. And now Caleb has it, too. I give up.

1 comment: