July 5

The deer came back today! Caleb had just sat down to eat his lunch, when I spied them out the kitchen window. I immediately snatched Caleb out of his seat and put him on the counter so he could watch. We were both pretty excited.

Those deer know what's good for them - they didn't touch my vegetable garden at all. (Though  I'm sure the wildlife netting helped quite a bit.) They were more interested in the dandelions, and munched the fluffy white top off every one they could find. Mama deer stood watch in the background.

Here's a shot of all three. As long as my plants stay intact, I'm a big fan of having a resident family of deer!

Later, our friends Chris and Amber and sweet baby Andrew came over for dinner. I was too busy chatting camera stuff with Chris to actually take any pictures, but he happened to have my camera in hand while Daisy ate her dessert. (I made this coconut and chocolate pie, subbing light coconut milk for the heavy cream, and topped it with fresh whipped cream. Yum.)

Daisy is a big fan of gooey chocolate, and hilarity ensued. 
Using her fork to get another bite. Big girl!

Eventually she gave up on the fork and just used her fingers.

But when the fingers didn't cut it, she put the fork between her toes. I'm not even kidding. She tried pretty hard to hold that fork there and use it. Funny girl.

I love those sweet little teeth and that hilarious chocolate beard!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your deer. I haven't seen any yet this season although we've seen evidence that they've been around. Ate chunks off my hostas and my rosebush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the deer are so cute! That is so funny that she tried to use her foot LOL!!

    ReplyDelete