July 2

Today I attended an early-morning boot camp class for the first time. Class was from 5:30-6:30 am, which is actually the only time of day I would ever be able to do something like that. Unfortunately, Daisy decided to be a jerk about have a hard time sleeping last night. I still went to boot camp, but on much less sleep than I prefer.

So. I am exhausted, and every muscle in my body (including my typing muscles) is screaming in agony. Forgive me if this post is lame.

Dinner tonight was delicious, but a certain little girl decided she didn't want to eat any of it. I let her pick at it/push it around on her tray for about thirty minutes before I brought out our post-dinner "special treat": blueberries, strawberries, and freshly whipped cream.

Suddenly this girl was hungry. Very hungry.

Can you tell that she liked it? I can't say that she licked the bowl clean, but she certainly tried. When her bowl was empty, she noticed that I still had some berries and whipped cream in mine. Fussing ensued, but I held on to my dessert.

Look at that reproachful glare! 
Daisy pouted and tried her very best to guilt me into handing over my dessert. Where on earth does she get this from? Certainly not from her mother.

When she realized that I wasn't sharing, she immediately began wailing.
(Note: delicious dinner, still all over her plate.)

Luckily, Chris was thinking quickly and broke out our family's sure-fire fuss-buster:
The pinwheel. 

Chris and I have been using pinwheels to cure grumpiness for many, many years. It all started perhaps eleven years ago, before we were even married. He and I were shopping at Walmart, and Chris was in a foul mood. (Note: Chris is rarely in a foul mood. Really.) I was growing tired of his grumpiness, so I grabbed a pinwheel that happened to be on display nearby. I tried my best to mimic his grouchy expression while also blowing the pinwheel.

Have you ever tried to blow a pinwheel while pouting? It's pretty much impossible, and really funny to watch. That day, my antics were enough to break up Chris' bad mood. We bought the pinwheel, and ever since it's been our little joke whenever one of us is crabby.

Tonight we discovered that it works on babies, too.

No more fussing!

(And yes, I'm going to go back to boot camp tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to do anything, though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment