July 22

Today we spent our afternoon at a lovely party, celebrating our friend Mary's fourth birthday. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car, so you'll have to imagine Caleb wearing butterfly wings and Daisy charming the crowd. 

We spent yesterday evening at a different fun party - this time, a couples baby shower for our friends Jessica and Travis. Again, I left the camera at home. I also left the children at home, supervised by Grandma.

Apparently they behaved like wild animals the whole evening. We got home just as my Mom finished reading Caleb and Daisy their last bedtime story.
Wild Woman Daisy was rolling, climbing, and bouncing all over Caleb's bed, toothbrush in hand.

She's totally into the climbing and bouncing lately.

Wild Man Caleb loudly proclaimed, "I WILL NOT lie down! I AM NOT going to bed!"
I have no idea what got into those kids!

Daisy's current favorite book is anything by Matthew van Fleet. We have Dog, Moo, Cat, Tails... I think that's all. She loves them.

Despite the fact that we were home and things were back to normal, Daisy and Caleb remained wired. It took nearly an hour to get them to bed... Yikes! Sorry, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I thought for a second the book in the picture would be "Where the Wild Things Are"..he he he he he...AT CARRIE'S HOUSE!

    We have the same thing going on here some nights. It's just summer. It's hard to settle down for some reason.

    ReplyDelete