November 8

I'm trying to decide if today was a Good Day or a Not-So-Good Day. Despite the fact that my darling, beautiful children both chose to wake up around 5:00 this morning (curse you for ending, Daylight Savings Time!), I think I'm going to call it a Good Day.

Maybe that's because my wonderful husband took care of the kiddos until he had to leave for work at 6:30 so that I could get a little sleep.

Or maybe it's because Caleb and I baked Whoopie Pies today and they were delicious enough that a sane, calorie-counting woman could choose to eat three of them.

Or because I took this photo of Caleb while the whoopie pies baked:

and this one, too:

I saw this picture and felt validated. Pictures like this are why I've been taking photos every day for the last 700 days. Often the pictures are junk, but occasionally they're ones like this that make my heart stop just a little because they so perfectly capture a moment.

This series of photos also affirms that today was, in fact, a Good Day: 
Caleb determining how to approach the eating of his first Whoopie Pie.

First bite.

"Hmm..."
Trying to decide what he thinks of it.

Apparently he approved, because...

he dug right back in!

The kids weren't kind with their naps today, so I had lots of quality one-on-one time with Caleb, then with Daisy.

Daisy likes quality time.

She also likes to chew. Today she attempted to chew on: 
Baby Jaguar

and 
my moccasins.

Here she was smiling and chattering away, "Da! Da! da da da da!"

Want to see her in action? Check out this video. She's pretty quiet; sometimes her "talking" is more of a whisper. And I apologize for my loud, obnoxious voice. But still, she's pretty cute.



And now to bed. I'm hopeful that maybe the kids' waking trend will continue and tomorrow they'll wake up at 6, but I'm no fool. I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment