November 30

Good news:
Chris is feeling better, and so far neither the kids nor I have been at all under the weather. Hooray!

Also, my children are hilarious. Yesterday I told Facebook, but forgot to tell the blog, about Caleb's hilarity. He pointed to his Little People nativity set and said, "That's Busch Stadium, where Jesus lives!" I was baffled by the whole thing, but then I started thinking: I've been telling him that Jesus is in a manger, in the stable. "Stable" is a new word for him, but it sounds a lot like "stadium", so he just connected the dots.

Today he was playing with the same nativity set and started randomly shouting "Praise the God! Glory! Praise the God! Glory!" I really have no idea where that came from, but he did it several times today.

Hmm. What else?
Daisy napped for a grand total of five hours today. One nap was three straight hours, with no waking. How about that? Girl must have been tired.

She's totally into her feet right now. Also, she's really close to clapping. Is that age-appropriate, or am I imagining things?

Caleb was whiny this afternoon. When he whines, I figure he's either bored or tired or hungry. So today I set a bowl of baby carrots on this stool. (It's a blast from the past, on loan from Chris' sister Grace. The top is puzzle pieces that spell "Grace". Also, Caleb can do puzzles now. I don't know when that happened, but he went from zero to puzzles in one day. Crazy!) Caleb saw the carrots, then ran into the kitchen where I was working and said, "You want some hummus?"
Ok, kid. I'll give you hummus.
 I love that he uses the step stool as a snack table. It really is just the right size.

For dinnner tonight, Daisy had sweet potato and avocado and... 
blackberries.

They're on sale at Dierbergs right now for $1, so we tried them out.

She loves them!

It was really fun to watch her grab one in her hand, then suck frantically at her hand, trying to get at the blackberry-y goodness. She never did figure out that all she had to do was open her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment