November 23

OK, first the exciting news:
Daisy plays peek-a-boo! I almost died when I saw it. In fact, I might have actually died. I may be typing this from the dead right now - it was that cute.

Daisy and I had taken a nap together while Caleb napped, and when she woke up I was lying right next to her. We spent a little time snuggling and talking, and then I pulled the bed sheet in front of my face, then dropped it quickly. I did that maybe three times in a row, then stopped. Then Daisy grabbed the sheet and pulled it in front of her face. I didn't think much of it until she quickly dropped it and started laughing. Then she did it over and over, and that's when I died.

I suppose the act in itself isn't very special; all babies learn to play peek-a-boo. But it was a special moment for me, because I got a glimpse of the little person she's becoming. Daisy's baby days are numbered, and each day that passes draws her closer to toddler-hood, and then person-hood. How exciting is that? How much of a relief is that? (I confess: she's been sucking me dry lately. She has a cold and is nursing constantly and needs me every 45 minutes. I'm a bit frustrated with the needy-baby-thing.)

Anyway. Here's our day:
Daisy can entertain herself for a solid thirty minutes like this. We just fill that little basket with all of her toys, and she happily empties it and plays with the toys. When all the toys are out, she plays with the basket. I love that she's so easy to entertain!

Normally, Caleb turns everything into a guitar. I was laughing to myself about this yesterday, when it occurred to me that most boys turn everything into a gun. I am so thankful that my child has no idea what a gun is, let alone what it does!

Today, however, he started turning everything into a microphone. Here, you see him singing, "You Can Close Your Eyes" into his toy screwdriver. The long red stick is half of a pair of rhythm sticks. It was also a microphone at one point. 

My sweet bed-headed boy.

Still singing "You Can Close Your Eyes." I discovered today that he knows the verses, too. Really, he should have them memorized; he's listened to them at least seventeen million time.

Daisy enjoyed some diaper-free time today.

While Caleb napped, Daisy helped me with my pre-Thanksgiving cooking.

Well, she sat on the floor of the kitchen and chewed on a spoon. That's about as helpful as she gets these days.

She likes to help.

Then Caleb woke up. 
Caleb was running around the kitchen, and Daisy was so excited she just couldn't stand it! She loves watching Caleb run and play!

Nope. She never smiles like this for me. Only for her brother. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment