November 5

First, I'd like to wish a happy birthday to my dear friend (and devoted blog-follower) Sara. Happy birthday, friend!

Today was family picture day. It was a short mini-session, and Caleb and Daisy weren't too keen on smiling for the strange lady, but I'm hopeful that she got some keepers. I'll post them as soon as we get the files!

After that, we met our realtor in a McDonald's parking lot to formally sign the contract on our future home. Then, we headed home for a nice, laid-back Saturday. Hooray! We napped, snuggled, and had a generally good day.

While Caleb napped, Chris and Daisy had some quality time.
They read fascinating books, like "Squeak Goes the Duck".

Daisy was captivated. We have nothing but the most intellectually stimulating literature in our house!

Then Daisy got her hands on Caleb's toy blood pressure cuff. I think she wants to be a nurse like Grandma!

When Caleb woke up, he wanted to go play outside. Chris sent him into the laundry room to get a pair of shoes out of his shoe bin, and he came back with this hat instead.

He was so proud of himself, and he was even prouder when Chris and I started laughing hysterically. What a funny boy!
(Actually, in retrospect it doesn't look that funny. But I promise you: in the moment, it was truly hilarious. We were dying laughing.)

At dinner, Caleb chose not to eat. He sat at the table with us for thirty mintues and wouldn't eat a single bite. I kept him ten minutes longer, insisting he at least try a bite of our particularly kid-friendly meal, but he refused. Finally, I got him to sniff the bite on his fork. Then, I got him to "kiss" the bite on his fork. At long last, he was willing to lick the bite. But that's as far as I got. He consumed nothing. Oh well. Maybe he'll eat tomorrow.

Then, bathtime. 
We call her Queen Nefertiti. She's quite regal, don't you think?

And my boy, with his new fake, cheesy grin.
Now he's sleeping soundly with his empty belly.


1 comment: