December 9

I took too many pictures today, so I will split them up. 

Eli had a messy lunch, so I took his shirt off. He wandered off, and eventually I found him sitting in the chair in his room, snuggling his stuffed duck, Pillow. Pillow was wrapped up in a blanket... and El was trying to nurse him.

It was the cutest thing ever.

Sweet baby!

I love how much he loves his duck!

Too many pictures? Sorry. He's so sweet!

I made this tag blanket when Caleb was a baby, and it makes my heart happy to see it covering Eli's sweet little toes, too.

"Nip-po! Bresh! Mook!"
At least the kid knows how it works. Some day I'll break it to him that he won't likely be breastfeeding a baby when he grows up, though.

And then Lily wanted in on the photography action.

Hi, sweet girl! 

She loves this pink flowered hoodie, and I think she looks lovely in it!

And then, after Eli went down for his nap, the mailman brought me a present:

Yep - a new wrap! Isn't the packaging beautiful? This wrap is a size six Partita Allegro by Emmeline Textiles. It is a machine-woven wrap with cotton warp and a hemp/tencel weft, which makes it soft, very thin, incredibly supportive, and gives it a lovely drape with a good bit of grip. It's also my first natty wrap - the fibers are completely undyed. I have had my heart set on buying one last wrap and thought it would be a handwoven wrap in shades of blue and green, with a cotton warp/tencel weft, but the perfect wrap seems to be eluding me unless I want to pay $600+. (Spoiler: I don't want to pay that much.) When I saw this wrap with that fiber combo, I knew I had to try it.
In retrospect, I probably should have gotten this as a short wrap because the thought of the long tails getting on the ground while I wrap and getting all dirty makes me feel anxious. But it is lovely, and it really shines in multipass carries, so I will deal with it. Now I just need Eli to let me wrap him more!

I also took the time to give Sea Tide, the visiting hand woven, a glamour shot. 
Isn't she pretty? I have to hand her off on Monday, which is terribly sad. At least I have my new wrap to keep me company!

By the time the new wrap was washed, dried, and ready to go, the light was gone for the day and Eli refused to be wrapped. Luckily, Lily was eager to go up in it! (Can't you tell from her face how eager she is?) This is a Double Hammock with a candy cane chest belt, and it was so comfortable! This wrap seems like it will be perfect for wrapping toddlers. Hooray!

1 comment: