December 18

Now that photography season is over, I have time to do other things. You know, like catching up on this blog! 

Chris' sister and her husband are in town from Texas, so yesterday during nap time they took the three older kids to BounceU for some fun. While they were gone, I got to work on a fun project: converting a tablecloth to a wrap and a ring sling for a friend.
I think I've made at least 10 ring slings now, and I really enjoy it! Regulations are such that I am only comfortable converting them for friends, and not for sale, but it sure is fun. This tablecloth was cut and ironed and prepped in front of a roaring fire, with a Christmas movie on TV. I fully enjoyed the free time!

Today was church, and we had to stay late because Chris is now on the tithe-counting team and today was his turn.
The kids found sunny windowsills to sit in, and they didn't mind the wait at all.

By the time we finished at church, made our weekly Costco trip, and drove home, though, Eli was tuckered out.
He's so sweet when he sleeps!

He woke up as soon as I unbuckled him, though.
That meant he got to read with Chris and Lily before naptime.

He also spent some time on the rocking horse. He's gotten really good at it lately!

After naps, we headed over to Chris' parents' house to celebrate an early Christmas since Grace and Adam won't be in town on Christmas itself.

Lily felt so fancy in her " 'parkly" Christmas dress.

This was the best picture I got of all four kids.

But look! All four with Aunt Sally and Aunt Grace! Do you see how happy they are? They love their aunties.

And then Gayle and Adam hopped in the picture. Dan was upstairs washing dishes.  

I will now post a series of the same picture, because someone has their eyes closed in every picture and I'm too lazy to do a head swap.



Now that the kids are older, we can sometimes be a bit more flexible about bedtime. Today I told the kids that we could stay at Grandad and Grandmother's as late as they wanted, as long as we brought jammies and put them on at their house.

They were stoked.

When Gayle saw all of the kids in their cute jammies, she went and put on her own pajamas! 
This makes my heart ridiculously happy, and I hope the kids remember it.

Merry early Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment