December 22

It was a busy day today - gymnastics in the morning, Chris had a work event in the evening, and it was my sister Emily's 37th birthday, so we celebrated her birthday in the evening, too.

Emily's boys were off school today, so they joined us at gymnastics. My kids were so excited when they found out that in addition to all of their friends, Max and Jace would be there, too!

This is Lily on the ... trapeze? I'm sure there is some technical term for it, but we will call it the trapeze. Please note my friends Jill and Lacy in the background, chatting and ignoring their children. Clearly they aren't as dedicated as I am.
Kidding. 
I was actually thrilled because both Lily and Eli latched on to Emily, and only wanted her to play with and supervise them. It meant I got a brief break. I failed to take any other action shots of the kids doing gymnastics, but I did get some pictures of them at the very end, when they sit on the balance beam, get their "germ juice", sing the bumblebee song, and get stamps on their hands. It's their favorite part.

This is Daisy, Hazel, Jace, Eli, and Caleb. Look at how close Eli is to Jace! I love it!

Daisy was very pleased that she got so many bumblebees on her fingers.


There! Now you can see Max, too! I totally missed Lily, though, because she was at the opposite end of the beam, next to Naomi.

Not a great picture, but whatever. Memories.
Also, the terrified shark behind them.

We went home for lunch and naps, and while the little ones napped I felt frisky enough to suggest to Caleb and Daisy that we should make Christmas cookies. Caleb was adamant that we only make chocolate cookies, but while we waited for the butter to soften for those, we also made some peppermint meringue Christmas trees.
Aren't they lovely? They went in the dehydrator for a few hours, and then we dipped the bottoms in chocolate. Yum!

Then we were off to dinner! 
Taking four kids to a restaurant is always a questionable scenario, but doing it without Chris is even worse. Luckily, my family was very helpful with entertaining the children.

Eli and I had a big fight (ie he had a tantrum) over his outfit tonight. Once I finally got it on him, he looked in the mirror and grinned at how handsome he was.
Toddlers.

Also, Mimi is his new favorite person. He likes her more than he likes me, I think.

It's a good thing he still likes "Mommy Milk" or he would be hers forever.

Eli and Daisy also had fun with Grandpa. Look at how happy they are! Daisy is definitely Grandpa's girl. 

Happy birthday, Emily!



No comments:

Post a Comment