December 29

Chris had to work today.
Boo.
But it pays the bills, so I should be thankful instead of complaining.

Eli is a month shy of his second birthday and has been really interested/helpful when everyone else goes potty lately, so I figured it was time to get the froggy potty out.
He was delighted! 
He didn't use it successfully, but he sure enjoys sitting on it. I don't expect much more than that for now; I'll probably wait another 6 months at least before we even think about attempting potty training. For now, it's just fun to imagine that someday soon (-ish) we may have a diaper-free home.

My sister Emily texted me that her boys had cabin fever, so we decided to take the cousins on a visit to the Butterfly House. Emily's boys were thrilled with all of the butterflies.
My children were terrified.
They are so weird.

Group shot, take one.

Eli kept telling me that the butterflies were scary. I love the way the humidity and heat make his hair go all curly.

Group shot, take two. 
My kids were finally willing to smile because we were ten feet from the exit. Max and Jace were hot and done.

The actual butterfly area is only good for 20-30 minutes because it's so darn hot. Thankfully, they have a really great play area with lots of puzzles and books and matching games. We spent a fair amount of time there. I love this picture of Lily and Jace (who are 3 days apart in age) trying to figure out the matching cards. They are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment