December 31

Happy New Year's Eve!

We celebrated the new year with what has become our tradition: paper crowns, fancy clothes, and a fancy dinner of filet mignon, crab legs, and twice-baked potatoes.

I was scrambling to get dinner ready, so Chris helped the kids pick out their "fancy" clothes. At the last minute, I swooped in and applied some bright red lipstick so that the girls felt extra-fancy.

Aren't they adorable? I love Eli's rain boots, Caleb's jeans, Daisy's dress from the basement costume stash that belonged to one of my sisters from a trip to Arizona/Mexico when we were children, and Lily's leggings/socks combo. These kids are just too funny!

Oh, and Daisy's high heels. Gotta love those!

They had way too much fun with those noisemakers. In fact, they were all ruined by the end of the night - guess I'll have to buy more next year!

Chris and I wore our fancy best, too. My silver heels were sinking into the soft ground.

And then we weer done. Caleb kept blowing his noisemaker in Daisy's face, and she was totally annoyed.

I just drank more champagne.

This grainy cell phone selfie is the best picture of Chris and me that I have from the night.

But didn't he look handsome?

After dinner, we found a New Year's Eve party playlist on Spotify, and we had a dance party. It was so much fun!

Dance parties with costumes are always better.

And then it was bedtime! This marks the fifth anniversary of us living in our house; the first night we spent here was the eve of 2012. Back then, we had a 2-year-old and a 7-month old. It's crazy how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment