March 19

Today was the day of the wedding in New Orleans.

It was also Caleb's baseball uniform pickup day back home, and our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.
Thanks to two fabulous grandmas, we were all happy.

Chris' sister Grace flew into New Orleans for just over 24 hours for the wedding, so we were excited to get to spend the morning with her. We ate breakfast at the Ruby Slipper Cafe, and Grace met up with us as soon as she got off the plane. Chris discovered his new favorite thing: a bacon Bloody Mary, with bacon-infused vodka.

After breakfast, we explored the city.
Grace made a new friend.

We enjoyed muffalettas in Jackson Square.

Meanwhile, back home... 
My mom kept the kids happy and entertained. 

While the girls played with all of the forgotten Easter stuff, Gayle picked up Caleb's new baseball uniform. Then, both Grandmas took all four kids to the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. Both Gayle and my mom took the pictures below.

Apparently it was very, very cold.

Daisy in skinny jeans. It is possibly the cutest thing ever.

Apparently it was cold enough that Eli needed to wear Daisy's kitty hat.

Also, Eli appears to have enjoyed his basket full of eggs.

Go, Lily! Hunt those eggs!

Hi, Daisy! Look at all that candy!

The kids with all their booty. What good grandmas they have!

Did I mention that they walked to the egg hunt? 

My kids are so lucky.

Then they went to McDonald's for lunch. I'm pretty sure by that point, they were hoping Chris and I would stay away forever!

Back in New Orleans, it was cool and threatening to rain. Joe and Ali's wedding was outside, and we were pretty chilly. Chris and I met up with his aunt Maggie and her family for drinks before the wedding, and then we arrived early for a family picture before the ceremony.

Can you tell these two are siblings? 

I was hoping to fit into a certain dress of mine for this wedding, and I have been working hard since February to drop the baby weight. I'm making progress, but the dress was a size 4 and about two inches shy of zipping at my bust. Bummer. Luckily, my super-stylish friend Jessica had a perfect dress and earrings to lend me. I was much warmer, and much more comfortable than I would have been if my dress had fit. So, win?

The wedding ended up being lovely, despite the cold. And despite the allergy attack that hit me right as the ceremony started. Chris saved the day by leaving the reception to run to a Walgreens to buy me allergy medicine, and I was able to enjoy myself the rest of the evening. We danced all night, and I drank more French 75s than I can count. The reception ended with a New Orleans wedding tradition: a wedding parade, led by a brass band. We paraded around the square, and it was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding. I was too busy having fun to take pictures, so you'll have to trust me on this: it was fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. I should have offered to take a picture of you and Chris! Ugh sorry how thoughtless..

    ReplyDelete