March 11

I happened to look out our front window this morning as Chris drove off to work, and I noticed that he had stopped his car and was talking to another driver. It was weird. Even weirder was that the other driver then pulled into my driveway. And then it hit me - the other driver was my mom!

She had dropped my little sister off at work nearby, and decided to come by our house for some snuggles. Even though it was a little after 7 am, she knew we would be awake, with snuggles to spare. It was a happy surprise for me, and especially for the kids!

At one point, all four kids were in Lily's room, looking out the window. They were watching robins hopping around in the yard, poking for worms in the grass.
They were all enthralled.
They were also all fighting over one stool. 
Finally, an annoyed Lily looked at me and said, "Mommy, we need more stools!" Luckily, there are at least three stools in our house, so everyone was accommodated.

One of the things I love about my mom is that she can make something as simple as watching birds peck in the grass into something fun. She notices things that I often overlook, and the kids love the things she notices. It's a little thing, but it's special, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment