January 25

Today's Do-Nothing Monday was strictly enforced: I had no vehicle. Chris took my van in for an oil change and emissions testing. It's funny that our "van-niversary" (clever, right?) will always coincide with Eli's birthday, because we got it the day he came home from the hospital.

So the kids and I puttered around at home. Did school. Did crafts. Ate.

When Eli woke up from his afternoon nap and the girls were still sleeping, Caleb was excited to have some brother time. The boys were so cute that I ran to grab my camera, but when I came back, Eli wanted nothing to do with Caleb or pictures. Luckily, I thought fast... and sat down on the floor.
Boom. The kid came crawling right toward me!

Of course, then he was too close for good pictures, but still. I love Caleb in the background. He was really excited to play with Eli.

Sweet brothers.
Still too close.
Caleb really wanted his picture taken with Eli, though, so I scooted him back a bit.

Eli was like, "What? Why are you moving me?" and Caleb was thrilled.

Happy boy. He has not napped well the past few days, so it's shocking that he was this happy.

And then we gave shaggy Caleb a haircut. He has really been wanting to grow his hair long, so we compromised on a style that YouTube called "Slick Rick". It's really short on the sides, but still long on top.

It looks weird in this picture, but I think it's pretty cute. Best of all, Caleb is really happy. I call it a win!

Also, since Lily's marshmallow video is currently my most popular video ever thanks to some fans who like to watch it on repeat, we made a new marshmallow video today:

Our potty training status: 100%.
Lily has been wearing underwear only, even for bedtime and naps, for at least a week now. Now we are working on getting her to use only the regular toilet, and not her little potty. The marshmallows are only for #2 on the big toilet, and soon those will be gone, too. In the meantime, please enjoy the sweetness of Lily saying, "marshmessow!"

And in case you're curious, here's the original marshmallow movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment