January 15

After two days of adventure and activity, today was a much-needed day of staying home, with no plans. We needed to focus on doing school.
And then my mom came over. Luckily, she arrived right as Caleb was finishing up a pretty intense math session. The kids were ecstatic to see her, and Lily spent a long while showing Grandma all of her stuff and telling her about all of her favorite things. It was hilarious.

Mom left right before naptime, and once the little ones were down, Caleb and I got to work. Eli woke up just as we were finishing (yay for two-hour naps!) and I sent Caleb in to go play with his brother. Caleb asked me to get Eli out of the crib, and then the boys played happily while I got dinner started. I came in to check on them and found this:
Caleb had picked Eli up (we've been practicing how to safely carry Eli) and put him in the big recliner. The boys were rocking and playing, and Eli was quite content until he noticed me.

Caleb gets such joy out of playing with the little ones. It's really very sweet.

But then Eli was like, "MOM! RESCUE ME!" 
So it goes.
And yes, Caleb is wearing Daisy's polka-dotted socks. Whatever, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment