January 22

Today was gymnastics day, and it was the first time that Caleb got to participate in the Homeschool Gymnastics group as an actual homeschooler.
Normally Eli is the high-maintenance one as we watch and wait. Not today. Today, he happily crawled around the waiting room, watching through the low windows. Lily was another story. She was whiny and needy; I sure hope she isn't getting sick!

We came home and had lunch and I felt awful. I had a wicked headache, and it was all I could do to feed my children.


Eli kept me company as I made lunch, and then I put everyone down for early naps. 
Things required to fix my headache:
ibuprofren
Excederin
magnesium drink
essential oils
ice pack
a nap, snuggled in bed with Caleb with the little ones slept.

Caleb didn't nap; he snuggled me for about thirty minutes, and then I pulled up the Starfall app on my iPhone and let him play reading and math games for another thirty minutes. Soon, Eli was up and my headache was gone. We got up and got ready, because Chris' mom came over to watch the kids while I went to a meeting at Caleb's old school. He qualifies for speech services, and today we discussed what those services would be. I think it will be a good thing, and I'm so thankful to be part of such a great public school, even as we choose to homeschool. The people there are so loving and supportive, and I can tell that they genuinely want what's best for Caleb. We are building beautiful relationships there, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment