January 18

I love bank holidays. Today was a lovely, lazy day for me, while Chris was busy, busy, busy. He finished painting Eli's room, took the big kids swimming, painted our fireplace mantel, took Caleb to the neighbor's house to cut his car for the Pinewood derby...

I spent the day in my pajamas, cooking and baking. I only got dressed and left the house to take a meal to a friend who had a baby. (It was Mary, Jill. I took a meal to Mary.)

I didn't even put the memory card in my camera today, but Chris snapped a few iPhone pictures at dinner because he suspected I might not have taken any pictures today. He's a good man.

We had a gluten-free version of the pasta with red sauce I made for Mary. Eli loved it, and ended up with an orange "beard" on his face.

Caleb has an aversion to red sauce, though, so the big kids won't eat it. (Isn't it funny how one child can set the tone for all the others? Or how he used to love red sauce, and now refuses to even  look at it? ) They had gluten-free mac and cheese for dinner.
(Isn't it also funny how I spent all day in the kitchen, preparing a meal for another family, and I feed my family mac and cheese? Oh well. I know I feed them good stuff 95% of the time. They may not eat it, but at least I offer it to them.)

And at least this kid appreciates the good food with red sauce.

Love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment