September 7

I'm finally getting caught up from the past week of non-blogging. Dear Readers, I hope you'll forgive me. I promise to do better this week!

It was a great morning today. Instead of leaving for church late, like we normally do, we actually got out of the house early! There was even enough extra time for Chris to stop on the way and grab a chai tea latte at Starbucks for me. What a good man I have!

After church, it was so sunshiny and beautiful that I knew we couldn't go home. Instead, we stopped by the grocery store and picked up some meat and cheese in the deli, and some day-old bread in the bakery, and had the makings for a picnic. 

Chris took this picture of Lily while I took the kids back into the grocery store to use the restroom. She didn't eat that whole apple herself, I promise. I always take a few bites out first, then hand it to her.

The park where we were married is on the way home from church, so we decided to stop there. The kids were so excited! They were even more excited when, as we ate our lunch, my mom came strolling down the sidewalk. Grandma makes everything more fun!

After our picnic, we fed the day-old bread to the fish. The little fish jumped and leapt, often splashing us with pond water. We were also thrilled to discover two giant koi fish in the pond!

Can you see us feeding fishies in the shade of the tree? I wish I could crop these photos more, but cell phone pictures don't take very kindly to too much fiddling.

Mom helped Lily feed the fish, and she was totally engaged. Eventually, Lily realized that if the fishies were eating the bread, she might like it, too. After that, she ate every other piece that Grandma handed her. (Girl has been eating everything lately! Last night it was the cat food.... and the cat litter. Ugh.)

We enjoyed every last drop of the sunshine. What a lovely way to spend the afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. I've missed reading your blogs - was glad to see one this morning. What a lovely way to spend Sunday. BTW, I know that lady holding Lily. She's pretty nice. :-)
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete