September 2

It was a lovely evening tonight, so after dinner I suggested that Chris take the kids out on a bike ride. As soon as Chris started arranging the bikes, though, things fell apart. Caleb wanted to ride his bike *with* Chris, not ride in the trailer with Daisy as Chris pedaled the bike. 

Chris was hoping to cover some distance, so clearly that wasn't going to work. Caleb settled on riding his Tag-along bike, but that meant that Chris could only ride with two children, not all three. As Caleb fussed and Chris stressed about how to solve the dilemma, I came up with a solution: I would ride, too!

Chris ended up riding with Lily in the baby seat up front and Caleb on the Tag-along behind. I towed Daisy in the trailer. I was really rusty and out of shape, but we had so much fun! As soon as we left the house, I began lamenting that I had left my camera at home. Luckily, Chris had his cell phone. It turns out that he's pretty good at taking selfies while cycling!

You can see almost four of the five of us!

Thank goodness for flat trails! Caleb was really excited that I was riding with him.

And there's Lily, up front with Daddy!

I'm hopeful we can go on many more family bike rides together this fall so that I can get in shape before my belly gets huge and I risk losing my balance and tipping over!

No comments:

Post a Comment