September 16

My mom came over again today - an unplanned, impromptu visit after she had a doctor appointment nearby. Caleb was at school, Daisy was at preschool, and Lily was napping, so we had a chance to visit a little bit. But honestly, I think she was anxious for her baby fix. When she heard Lily's first little murmurs of awakening over the baby monitor, Mom rushed in to get some of that sweet baby love.

And boy did she get it!
Lily is so funny. Every time she sees Grandma, she drapes her little body over her and clings tightly. You can't tell it from the dazed expression she always wears, but she loves those snuggles as much as Grandma does.
How do I know?
Just try to take the girl away from her Grandma.
Just let one of the other kids try to sneak in there for a hug of their own.
Girl won't have any of it. This is her grandma, and her  snuggles. No one else can share!

Even I can't compete - Lily prefers Grandma, and Grandma loves it.

Right after Lily woke up, it was time to go get Daisy. I knew Lily wouldn't abide being separated from Grandma so soon, so Mom graciously agreed to stay home with Lily while I picked Daisy up.

I brought Daisy back home, then left both girls with Mom for a little bit while I delivered some food to a friend who just gave birth. When I got home, I found the three of them playing the piano.

Lily really, really loves playing the piano.
 
She can't get up on the bench by herself, but she made it quite clear that she wanted to get up there. She also made it clear that she was playing the piano, and she didn't want anyone else to interfere unless she specifically asked them!
For a barely-verbal almost-fourteen-month-old, the girl has some strong opinions and can express them pretty clearly!

When Lily was finished, Daisy wanted a turn. If you watch this video, you can catch a glimpse of the awfulness that is the haircut I gave poor Daisy yesterday. The sides of her hair are particularly bad.
However, her preschool teacher told me at the end of the day that a little boy came up to the teacher today and said, "Miss Amy? She is CUTE!" and pointed at Daisy.
So the haircut must not be that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment