September 24

The girls helped me make muffins this morning, and they were so excited to wear their new aprons!
You are looking at two happy girls!

Later, while Daisy napped, Lily and I enjoyed the sunshine outside. 
Lily's new obsession is going up in the kids' clubhouse. She's still pretty untrustworthy, so I have to hover anytime she gets near an opening, but it's still fun.

Do you see those shoes? I bought those silly white loafers on clearance at Target when Daisy was learning to walk. I'm not sure why I bought them - they really are absurd - but they were Daisy's favorite shoes. Now, they are Lily's favorites, too. Or rather, they're her second-favorites. She always reaches for the golden sandals with the pink flower on the toes, but when I won't let her wear those, she chooses the white loafers.  

(Here's Daisy in the loafers, at almost 17 months old, almost exactly two years ago:)
Isn't it funny how similar the two look? Daisy is just noticeably skinnier. Lily may be skinny, but she's a good three pounds heavier than Daisy was at this age. At least we have that!

Hi, cutie pie! 
This was the first time Lily had worn this shirt (a hand-me-down from a friend, worn first by Daisy and now by Lily), and she loved the bird on it. We even played a game of peek-a-boo: Lily pulled her shirt up, exposing her belly button and hiding the bird. I said, "Where's the bird?" and Lily pulled the shirt back down and laughed as I said, "Peek-a-boo!".
Exciting stuff here.

We also finally tried out this doorway jumper. I occasionally get to test new products and review them, and this was my latest assignment.
A doorway jumper.
I have never, in my three children, ever even thought about wanting a doorway jumper. But now I have one, with all the bells and whistles. Lily was momentarily entertained, but after I write my review, the thing is going back in its box and up for sale.

Related: do you need a doorway jumper? I know someone who has a nice one for cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment