May 9

Today was supposed to be stormy and gray, but I scheduled a maternity photo shoot for Emily and Billy anyway, hoping the storms would hold off. We ended up having great luck - as I was driving to meet them, the clouds disappeared, leaving blue sky and warm sunshine.

Here's a very rough sneak peek at our results:
I'm excited to start editing the photos, but I am even more excited to go to sleep tonight. So that's a task for another day.

Meanwhile, my mom (who had just gotten off work) entertained Caleb and Daisy. Luckily, our photo shoot location and her work and the riverfront are all very close to each other, so I just met her at the river and dropped the kiddos off.

They had a lot of fun! For most of the day, Caleb was out of sorts: grouchy, touchy, uncooperative, whiny... I was worried that Grandma was in for a rough hour or so, but luckily for her, that was the one hour of the day that he decided not to be a wreck. 

Caleb informed me that they saw boats and birds and puddles... 
Daisy chimed in a few things, too, but she was mostly focused on walking through the tall, damp grass.

At the end of the night, Caleb told me that splashing in the puddles on the stage was the best part of his day. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment