May 14

What a busy, but fun, day!

We planned to be gone all morning. First, I had a prenatal appointment - Baby Rainbow is great, glucose tolerance test was perfect, vitamin D levels are up...
Then, we headed up to the church that sponsors my MOPS group to work on an end-of-the-year cookbook project. The kids and I actually started working on this at the church yesterday, but were only able to get an hour of work in before we had to go home because the office was closing and it was dinnertime. So we headed back up today, and finished things up. I brought "office supplies" for Caleb and Daisy: notepads, pens, pencils, stickers, and - Caleb's favorite - a pencil sharpener. They were great little helpers! (Or at least, they let me get my work done with little fussing and whining.)


Everyone at the church office was so sweet to the kiddos, which made me feel not so bad about bringing them along. They ate lunch while I worked, and we made it home just in time for naps.  Daisy actually fell asleep in the car, and was so soundly asleep that I was able to unbuckle her, carry her in, change her diaper, and put her in her crib without her stirring or opening an eye once. In my nearly four years of being a mom, that's the first time I've experienced that, and it was pretty darn cool.

We all took good naps, and just as the kids were waking up, I got a text from my friend Jen - she, Caleb, Hannah, and baby Andrew were across the street, and wondering if we could play. Hooray!

I brought the water table into the shade of the driveway, and the kids happily soaked each other. Jen's mother-in-law and our neighbor, Terry, sat on the porch swing with baby Andrew while Jen and I played with the kids.

Caleb insisted that we get the bubble machine out, too. I replaced the cheapo bubble solution with super-premium bubble solution, and we had a bubble storm!

Wet little girl! Her sweet dress is size 12-18 months, even though she just turned two. It fits around her chest; it's just a little bit short. Ah, the trials of being a skinny girl! (Not that I'd know personally...)

What a happy afternoon! We are so blessed to have found friends like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment