May 10

Today we planned to have my family over to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday.

But right after Chris left for work, Daisy climbed out of our bed, climbed up into the upholstered chair in our bedroom, and vomited all over it. I went to comfort her, and she vomited all over me.
Thirty minutes later, it happened again, but she had nothing left in her little belly.
Forty-five minutes later, it happened again, this time in the sink.

Fifteen minutes later, she was asleep in my arms. She took a good nap, and felt much better; she just needed to be held constantly. But then her regularly scheduled naptime came around, and I had to figure out how I was going to put Caleb down for his nap when Daisy wouldn't let me set her down.  Finally I settled on reading with both children in my bed, then taking Caleb to his room. And somehow, magically, this happened:
My sweet little girl, asleep in my big new bed. (We just made the switch to a king-sized bed a week ago, largely because we wanted more room for children in our bed!)
Since we kicked Daisy out of our bed over a year ago, she has slept only in her crib. So seeing her sweetly asleep in my bed made my heart melt a little, and it also made me ridiculously happy because it meant I didn't have to carry her around for a little bit. 

Aside from a fever that ranged from 103 to 104 most of the afternoon, she was fine. So despite the sick baby and the exhausted mama who had to carry the sick baby around in the Ergo on her back, we decided to go ahead with my dad's birthday celebration. It was a good choice! Luckily, people stepped in to help me out, lending me sugar, making grocery runs for me, and overlooking the general state of chaos in the house.

It turned out that the next day was Billy's birthday, too! Despite the fact that he doesn't do sweets, we stuck some candles in a chocolate pie for him.

Dad, meanwhile, got candles in a pecan pie.

Happy birthday, boys!

Daisy, meanwhile, was happy because Ryan was there. 
I honestly can't get over how much she loves him, and how good he is with her. It's so sweet.
Also sweet is the fact that - all on her own - Daisy chose to wear her "I'm a Hawkeye, just like Grandpa" t-shirt, a party skirt, and Hawkeye socks. 

And at the end of the night, we were all spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment