May 23

I didn't take any pictures today.

Our day started out well: we were invited to a very special flower hunt by our friend Catherine, and got to spend the morning playing with friends. I even got the kids fed and in the car and home on time for our naptime window.

But someone didn't get that message. Caleb went down for his nap peacefully, and ended up napping for nearly four hours! But Daisy... Oh, Daisy.

She spent three hours in her crib, fussing, talking, playing, crying, babbling... 
I knew she was exhausted, so I kept trying to get her to sleep, but she was having none of it. And this mama needed her to nap so desperately. By the time I gave up and let her be awake, I was at the end of my rope. My emotions have been very even for most of this pregnancy, but in the past week or so things have started getting more challenging. This afternoon was rough.

But Chris came home from work on time, dinner was easy to make, the kids (blessedly) ate their dinner without much fussing, and then my wonderful husbando suggested a family trip to Whole Foods. Gelato for the kids, and a big, beautiful cookie for me. Man, do I love wheat and sugar.

We got home at 7:30, just in time to put Daisy to bed. But since Caleb woke up from his nap at 4:40, I suggested that maybe his bedtime could be delayed for some special Daddy time. 
And then I did some googling and found that our WeeRide Kangaroo bike seat was safe for children up to 40 pounds. 
And then I had Caleb step on the scale and discovered that he currently weighs 36.6 pounds.
And then Chris and Caleb went off on a wonderful sunset adventure.

Chris took these pictures on his cell phone and texted them to me while they were out.

They rode up to the lake. Caleb told me that he wanted to jump in the lake because he thought there was a mermaid in it.
(This picture, and this moment, is especially sweet because we thought that Caleb had outgrown the bike seat last summer. The seat is so much more intimate and interactive and fun than the bike trailer, so for Chris to have another chance to go on a ride with Caleb was pretty great.)

Though today was cloudy and gray, the boys found a beautiful sunset on their way home. They also found a bouquet of daisies for me, and when they came home Caleb burst through the door, daisies in hand, and shouted, "I love you so much, Mommy!"

Chris put Caleb to bed, and I went in to kiss my boy goodnight. I told Caleb that my head hurt, and he said, "God can heal your head, Mommy!"
I replied, "Yes, I believe He can, Caleb."
"We should pray, Mommy."
"Will you pray for me?"
"OK. Dear God, thank you for Mommy. Thank you for Daisy. Thank you for Daddy. Thank you for me. Thank you for Mommy and me. Lord, I want you to heal Mommy's head. A-men."

What a sweet, sweet boy. We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, sweet boy is right. That brought tears to my eyes! Sounds like the day ended nicely :)

    ReplyDelete