May 19

Today was hot, hot, hot, which was wonderful! I bought a watermelon at the grocery store today, and the kids were itching for me to slice it up. Somehow, a plan developed to eat watermelon and play in the sprinkler after dinner. 

Daisy, however, was not a fan of the sprinkler. As the first few drops of water hit her, she ran away, screaming, "I don't like that rain!" 
Funny girl.
Sadly, she was uncooperative at dinner, so she didn't get to eat any watermelon either. She was content sitting on my lap, wrapped in a towel, watching Caleb have all the fun.

And boy, did he have fun!

That is one happy boy.

That is one really happy boy.
(Side note: these are still my favorite photos ever of a child eating watermelon. It's hard to remember that Caleb was ever that small!) 

Then, Chris got the clever idea to turn the slide into a water slide. 
He was a little bit apprehensive after his first landing (that wet slide is fast!), but when he saw how hard we were laughing, Caleb decided that it was very, very fun. 

Meanwhile, Daisy enjoyed snuggles with Daddy.

Before we called it a night, we had to wash all of the watermelon juice off Caleb. Of course, Chris took the opportunity to engage in a family tradition: spraying his child with the hose. We have the best picture ever of Chris' dad doing the same thing to Chris as a toddler.

I had just brought everything inside (including my camera) when I spotted this: 
Daisy had climbed up the ladder and was just hanging out there! I ran inside to grab my camera, praying she'd stay put. Remarkably, she was still there when I got back. I think it was due to the fact that she really enjoyed hanging there, and also that she couldn't figure out how to get down. Regardless, I had a stationary subject, so I was quite pleased.


She was pretty pleased, too.

Goodness. That dimple kills me every time.

Also killing me? How curly her hair gets in the hot, humid weather!
(I think her tattoo is nearing the end of its lifespan. I had no idea it would stick around so long!)

Caleb waited patiently while I took Daisy's photo, but he was pretty chilly. I wrapped him up in his towel and told him he looked like a hot dog, but Chris said he was more like a pig in a blanket. Then the child hopped around, oinking, and demanded I take his photo. So funny!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - Daisy's smiley face at the end is possibly the best thing I've seen today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy, that little bug hanging there!! She is so adorable! LOL these pics are all great! Love the water slide and father son hose spraying ahahha

    ReplyDelete