May 29

Everything about today was lovely, beautiful, and perfect. I'm not even being sarcastic - it really was! The weather was gorgeous, so the kids spent some time riding their bikes on the sidewalk. But then, despite my repeated warnings, they both rode through a nasty, yucky, gloopy, muddy spot. Everything was filthy.

No problem. We can wash those bikes!

Oh, what fun these two had!

I'm not sure which ended up more wet - Daisy, or her bike.

A proud boy, showing off his handiwork.

Then, snacks on the front porch. We all sat on the swing and ate apples. It was my favorite moment of the day, probably because it was a rare instance where snacktime was zero effort for me, and no one complained. (Except when Daisy decided that she didn't want to swing anymore, and went to sit on the bench instead. But she has such a cute little stinker-face that I didn't even mind.)

Then, on to the backyard (and my newly-planted garden!) for some gardening.
(Note: Caleb planted that evergreen branch in my raised bed at least a month ago. I have no idea why it hasn't started growing yet)

The highlight of Daisy's day was finding a worm in the garden.

Caleb was doubtful at first, but pretty impressed once he actually saw the worm.

Oh, and giant beach ball.
Because, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment