October 31

Happy Halloween!
Facebook reminded me today of all sorts of cute pictures of the kids on Halloween in years past, so I took some time this morning to put together a collage of our little family's Halloween costumes over the years.
Isn't it fun to see how the kids - and our family! - have grown over the years? I love that Eli is wearing the same costume in 2015 that Caleb wore in 2009. It's a nice little completion of the circle.

This year's costumes were haphazard and last-minute, but the kids were all really happy.

Lily was a ballerina. Can you tell that she feels so beautiful?

This was her ballerina pose.

Daisy was initially going to be a princess, but when she saw the ghost costume I made for Caleb, she decided that she wanted to be a skeleton ghost, too. I dug her size 4T skeleton pjs out of storage, and threw a ghost costume together for her, and she was thrilled.
(I am fairly certain that she was "in character" for the photo above, hence her facial expression.)

This was her spooky pose.

Caleb was also a very creepy skeleton ghost, and he was thrilled with his costume.

And then there was Eli. We tried his beloved giraffe costume, a storm trooper helmet, and this worker man outfit. None stuck. In the end, I threw Lily's 3T skeleton shirt on him as we walked out the door so that at least he had some type of costume!

My four little ghouls on Halloween 2016, next to our pumpkins that were smooshed and wilted from the unseasonably warm weather.

And then we were off! We had hot dogs and played with friends at the neighborhood party, and then Chris took the big kids trick-or-treating while Eli and I went home to greet the handful of trick-or-treaters who visited our house. 
Lily was in her element tonight, and she led the way up to most houses, proudly saying, "Trick or Treat!" and then, when each person inevitably commented on how scary Caleb and Daisy were, declaring, "I not 'pooky. I a ballerwina."
Funny girl.

Chris says it was the best Halloween yet, and the kids had so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute. These pictures made me smile. I've always loved seeing kids in their costumes.
    I'm still reading your blogs each morning - I enjoy them so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! How fun! I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete