October 2

After our busy day yesterday, we had an even busier one today:
Chris' half marathon!
He has been training for the past 12 weeks, and today was the big day.

Cheering is my favorite, so we prepared and brought every noisemaker we could find. I love that Chris and I go way back to 2011 with this race!

 My mom even joined us, which made everything more fun. I love that she is such a good sport about cheering at races, and she seems to really enjoy it!
The kids definitely enjoyed having her around, especially because she shared her breakfast.

See them shaking their noisemakers as they eat their food?

Here comes Chris! That's him in the lime green, waving his hands like a maniac. This was mile 5 of 13, and I think he was glad to see us.

After he passed, we moved down a little bit to mile 8. By this point, Daisy was spent. Apparently cheering for runners is exhausting.

Eli didn't mind, though! (I love that he is wearing his "I heart DAD" shirt.)

Caleb/Darth Vader blew bubbles.

After Chris passed us at mile 8, we got in the van and drove to the finish line. We got there just in time to see Chris finish!

Why does he look so happy?

He set a personal best for this race! Way to go, Chris!

The kids helped him ring the giant cowbell.

And we took a celebratory selfie.

And they posed with a cardboard cow. Because why not?

These kids were so proud of their daddy!

Or maybe they were excited because we were going out for the traditional post-race breakfast. Whatever. I'll take it. It was a great day, and we were all so proud of Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment