October 20

Slowly, slowly, I am playing catch-up with the blog! I still have 3 photo sessions to edit for my business, and I have 5 sessions scheduled for the upcoming weekend, but I am making time to tend to this blog because it matters to me.

Today was a MOPS day, which is always fun for all of us. I love that my group has enough homeschool moms that they are able to accommodate the older kids, and not just the little ones.

It rained today, and when the little ones woke up from naps, they played outside in the sprinkles.
Look at that sweet boy! I still remember when Caleb wore this hoodie - it was when I was very pregnant with Daisy. With hand-me-downs and random finds, Eli has ended up with five or six hoodies, but this one is his favorite, and that makes me happy because I have such fond memories of it. Remember this? (Side note: Eli is also wearing those shoes now, and he loves them. I'll have a picture of them in a few days.)

I don't know how I thought I could let him play outside and he wouldn't get soaked. Wishful thinking, I suppose. Still, he was mostly good. 
Also, it's funny how doing several blog posts at a time helps me notice patterns. I haven't seen much of Caleb and Daisy in the past few posts. Part of it is that they are always off adventuring, or Caleb always has his nose in a book. Also, older kids come with more attitude, and often they don't want their pictures taken. And now I'm also starting to think about trying to respect their privacy more. It's a tricky balance, this blogging thing. I love sharing our stories, and want to preserve our priceless memories. But the time will come when they don't want those stories broadcast to the world, and I need to think about how I will handle that. 

But the little ones don't mind, and they are happy to share their stories.

Sweet boy.
(Sweet boy who is currently trying to pry my hands off the keyboard as I'm typing because he wants to be held. I hear your message loud and clear, little man!)

No comments:

Post a Comment