October 23

Oops. Somehow I went a few days without taking any pictures on my phone OR on my camera! I'll blame it on the fact that, between the ACT and photo sessions, I was home for a grand total of maybe 3 hours on Saturday and during those 3 hours, the kids were napping. The fact that busy photography season overlaps with soccer season, and we now have 2 kids playing, makes things hard. I haven't been to a single one of Daisy's practice/games, and I've only been to one or two of Caleb's games and practices. Poor Chris has had to shoulder so much of the burden, and we haven't had much time to have fun and relax together as a family lately. On Friday, though, Chris' parents came over and watched the kids so that Chris and I could go out to an event. That was a really rare and special opportunity for us, and we really appreciated it!

Today was full, too. We had church in the morning, and it was our turn to serve in the nursery. Caleb had a 1:30 soccer game, and I had photo sessions at 4:00 and 5:00 at a spot I'd never used before, so I had to get there extra early to scout locations. Still, I managed to take a few pictures before I headed out for my photo shoots.

Eli wore this sweet little cardigan to church today. It was a gift from my aunt Deb when Caleb was a baby, and it has always made me laugh with its cuteness. Eli felt like hot stuff when he wore it, and when I asked to take his picture in the cardigan, the kid actually posed for me.
Isn't he cute?

Lily, meanwhile, put on the Queen Elsa costume as soon as we got home from church. She felt pretty fancy, too.

I wonder what she's thinking?

This girl is by far our most imaginative and creative child. I love the stories she comes up with!

And then I asked Eli and Lily to hold hands.

How sweet are they?

Then Eli posed for me a bit more. He really felt fancy in that cardigan!

Cheese!

He's shouting, "Hi!!!!"

Chris, Caleb, and Daisy returned from Caleb's game just in time for me to head out to my photo sessions. I was ready to leave, but Caleb was so handsome that I coerced him into the back yard for a few pictures.

This boy has learned and grown so much this season in soccer! He hasn't scored a goal yet, but he has come close, and has learned the importance of passing and working together as a team to score goals. He has gone from standing in the field, staring into space, completely disengaged during games and practices to actually getting into the action and working with his teammates to move the ball in the right direction, and protecting his goal. I am so proud of him.

And you know what? He is proud of himself, too. 

And this girl? Well, we love her a whole lot, even if this is her face a lot of the time right now.

1 comment:

  1. Such a busy time for you guys! All such cute photos :)

    ReplyDelete