July 4

Oops. I got behind on blogging again. 

Let's blame it on photo sessions and lots of rainy days, plus the fourth of July.
Also, I read a book.
And sewed some dresses for the girls.
So I was busy?

Anyway, Fourth of July. Here's a quick run-down of previous years, just for fun:
2015 (sweet baby Eli)
2014  (fill the stairs with babies)
2013 (hugely pregnant with Lily)
2012 (celebrating with friends)
2011 (brand-new baby Daisy)
2010 (Caleb meets Lake Michigan)

Last year we went to a nearby parade, and the kids had so much fun that we did it again. It rained most of the morning, but thankfully it stopped right before the parade began. We met my friend Jill and her family, and Lacy and her family, and the kids had a blast!

My patriotic cuties! I really wanted to buy festive dresses for the girls, but I couldn't justify paying upwards of $15 each for outfits they would only really wear once. Instead, I dug through the stash of fabric that Chris' mom passed on to me after her mom passed away, and found a graphic blue and white daisy print (perfect!) and red and white stripes. A few hours later, Daisy and Lily had matching ruffled pillowcase dresses!
Caleb chose his outfit all by himself, without any prompting: plain white t-shirt, red shorts, and bright blue running shoes. I love that kid.
Eli's outfit was the result of frantic last-minute digging through the bags of 18-24 month clothes in the basement. He's not quite there yet size-wise, but it worked!

This pretty accurately sums up my children. Daisy is being a stinker, Lily is pretending to do what Daisy does, Caleb is trying to make everyone cooperate, and Eli is cheesing for the camera. I love these kiddos.
  
Oh, man. Eli had so much fun at the parade!

Waiting with our friends for it to begin.

Are you dying from the cuteness? I am.

Still waiting.

Chris gave Eli a sucker.
He really loved the parade after that!

Next year, Eli will be standing with them, watching the floats!

We went home for lunch and naps, then back to the same area for our friends Jessica and Travis's annual Fourth of July celebration.  The babies on the stairs are one of my favorite traditions, so of course we did it again.

I'm not sure how all those kids will fit on the stairs next year!

2014, 2015, 2016
Isn't it fun?

Also, one of my favorite pictures from last year was the small group babies, all spread out on a blanket. These four were all due in March and May, but Eli decided to come in January. Remember that?

So of course we recreated it this year. What fun!

Caleb and Daisy did great with the fireworks; Lily covered her ears and cried, and Eli was done and I had to take him inside. Overall, a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment