July 28

We spent the morning with my other friend Amber and her two boys at their new house. Anytime we have to be someplace in the morning, things can be pretty hectic at our house. Today, though, I finished getting myself dressed and wandered into Eli's room to find this:
Caleb was reading "baby books" to Eli, and Eli was ridiculously pleased with the situation. Eli is totally into books right now, and it is the sweetest thing ever.

Aren't they the cutest? Caleb is such a devoted big brother, and I'm so thankful to have him.

Eli wasn't satisfied with one book, though. He wanted to read all of them!

Soon enough, it was time to leave for our playdate.
The kids had so much fun, and I enjoyed a chance to chat with a friend while the little ones played happily! One day, the kids will all be big enough that we can send them down to the basement and ignore them while we drink coffee upstairs. I can't wait!

When we got home, there were many naps to be had. Afterward, I wrapped Eli up in my Girasol Glace to snap some pictures. It is the last on my list of Wraps That Must Be Sold. (Unless I purchase a new ring sling, in which case I will sell my old ring sling. But for now, it's the last one to go.)
I love this wrap. It was my Mother's Day gift after Eli was born, and I have broken it in so well that it is almost as soft as a t-shirt.  I am sad to be letting it go, but it's a size 4 and I just don't reach for it anymore!

Camera + timer = this picture. I need to work on that with this new camera!

And then I have no pictures until the very end of the day, after the kids were all in bed. Caleb came back out to get a snuggle, or some water, or something. He and I had some snuggles, and Chris snapped these pictures of us on my phone. 
They aren't great pictures and I don't know why I'm sharing them, except that I love my boy so much.

Look at his sweet little face. (And look away from my puffy, exhausted face.)
Goodness, I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment