July 27

Today was Chris' 35th birthday! 

He is a hardworking provider for our family, a devoted daddy, and an incredibly supportive husband, and I am so thankful for him.

However, his birthday comes right in the middle of Caleb's birthday, Lily's birthday, and our anniversary, and because he is so humble it generally gets overlooked. I feel awful about that, but it is what it is. Today was no exception: he went off to work like normal, and in the evening we celebrated with a dinner he chose, brownies and ice cream, and a trip to the pool. No gifts and no big to-do, though he certainly deserves it.

While we were playing this morning, Lily bonked her head. She immediately ran to me and whimpered, "Mommy, I want to be in yours wring sing."
I popped her up, she snuggled in, and everything was alright again.
THIS is why I wear my babies. Yes, it's a convenient way to transport them and keep my hands free. But it's also a safe place for them. Lily is three now, and I rarely wear her anymore. But anytime she is scared, uncertain, hurt, or upset, the first thing she does is ask to be up in "Yours wring sing."
Sweet girl. I will wear you until you are as big as I am.

A few hours later, the FedEx man delivered a present for me: my new camera arrived! 

I'm still figuring it out, but I can already tell that upgrading to a full frame camera is going to rock my world!
Caleb was so excited about the new camera that he willingly posed for me. I think he likes it when I get new camera gear!

Meanwhile, Lily twirled in her new Elsa dress.

Hi, Eli!

Our chalkboard wall was still decorated for Lily's birthday, so last night I hastily switched out her name, and added a 5. 
I think it works!

See the picture he's holding?
It's one-year-old Chris in the bathtub. Doesn't he look just like Eli?

Birthday brownies, with candles left over from the kids' birthdays. Chris is such a good sport.

Then we headed to the pool! 
Hi, Daisy! (Doesn't her hair look fabulous?)

Caleb showed me his tube hula-hooping moves.

Hi, Eli!

And then, when we had been in the pool for less than ten minutes, the worst thing ever happened.
Thunder.

That's an immediate 30-minute delay, and since it was already past bedtime, it signaled an end to our swim time. Boo.

Lily wasn't too upset.

Neither was Daisy.

But then I told Lily that we had to go home, and I got this face: 
She has a good pout!

I asked the girls and their friend, Stephanie, to show me their best sad faces, and I got this: 
#nailedit

Happy birthday, Chris! I'm sorry it was nowhere near as special as you deserve, and I'm thankful for one more year with you!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Chris! That picture makes me wanna cry. Yay happy Birthday!! Love you

    ReplyDelete