July 11

Oops.

I promised not to get behind on blogging, but here I am, 10 days behind on my blog. To my loyal readers (Mom, Dan and Gayle, Shirley, Amber, Jill and ... who else is out there? I'd love it if you'd drop me a comment so I know you're there! Or text me, or email me, or FB message me... I know Blogger comments can be challenging.), I'm sorry. Everything is fine. I've just been enjoying a break, and busy editing pictures for my little photography business. I aim to only take on two sessions each week so that I can keep up with editing, but sometimes even that keeps me up until midnight.

So. July 11. 
We worked out in the yard all morning. While I pulled weeds, Caleb found two snails in our yard! One was a "big" snail:
This one was maybe the size of a Cheerio?
I had to get out my macro filters to photograph it, but obviously I'm still figuring out how to use them.

Then he excitedly told me that he found a "baby" snail! 
This little guy was smaller than a grain of rice. Perhaps he was closer to a grain of sand? It is on a leaf, and those rocks below the leaf are actually the concrete of our driveway, if that gives you any perspective on how magnified this image is.

Then we moved our baby snail to a leaf. Cute, isn't it? Caleb wanted to keep the snails for pets, but I convinced him that they would just die if we put them in a jar with dirt and water, so they could be our "outside pets".

He knows not to argue with his mama.

And then there's this. I have no explanation.

2 comments:

  1. I miss reading your blog each morning - but I suppose you are entitled to a break once in a while - whenever you want one. :-) Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's ok if you take a break but I am checking every day hehehe!

    Cute snails, I love them!

    ReplyDelete