July 8

My firstborn turns 7 tomorrow.

Is that possible? I feel like I've been a mother for at least a decade, possibly two. But really, it's only been 7 years.

The appraiser came today, at the same time that I took all four kids to Caleb's 7-year checkup. He was 48.6 inches tall, and 54.1 pounds, which puts him in the 55th-60th percentiles. 

I had a photo session this evening, and came home in time to eat dinner and put Eli to bed. When I emerged from Eli's room, Chris told me how Caleb insisted that he needed a good night's sleep, because he "has a big day tomorrow".
His birthday.
CRAP! I forgot to take his last official picture as a 6-year-old! Luckily Caleb was still awake, and there was just a little big of light left in the sky.
Isn't he handsome? 
I can't believe he was once a tiny baby. He's learning and growing so much, and I am so proud of the progress he is making! Caleb has such unique quirks and preferences, strengths and areas that need work, and I am finding it harder and harder to know how to parent him well. He is definitely not me, and that is fabulous.


Caleb is loving and affectionate. 
He loves to tell jokes and create his own jokes.
He loves to be in on a joke, but hates when he thinks people are laughing at him.
He loves little kids, and they love him right back!
He is the most patient and loving big brother to Eli and Lily.
He is passionate about Star Wars and Legos. Lego Star Wars? The best thing ever.
He loves to read, and I often find him with his nose in a book.
He is cooperative and obedient, and an absolute rule-follower.
His primary speed is SLOW. Everything is slow.
He wants to do everything perfectly, but doesn't want to have to work for perfection.
He loves to play soccer, swim, and ride his bike.
Daisy is his best friend, and greatest nemesis.
He remembers everything, unless he's supposed to remember it.
He often refers to himself as Super Bubby, especially when he is helping his siblings.
He will always be my Brown Bear.

I'm so glad he's mine

No comments:

Post a Comment