July 18

Caleb's swim season is officially over, and the team celebrated a great season with a banquet up at the pool. There was food, awards, and even a shaving cream fight! The kids ate food we don't normally eat, got multiple desserts, and swam well past their bedtime. It was a good night.

I picked up three of these tubes for $3 each at Target, and it was definitely the best $9 I've spent all summer.

I asked Daisy if she wanted me to take one last picture of her and her friend Emma, who helped her during kickboard team. Daisy said no, so I snapped this one of the two of them holding hands as Daisy walked up to get her medal for participating in kickboard team.

I know her face doesn't betray anything, but this girl was so excited to get a medal!

She immediately ran back to show it to Daddy.

Daddy had been busy supervising the little ones. Lily made friends with the daughter of one of the coaches. She didn't know her new friend's name, so she just called her "Friend". It was adorable!

I have all the heart eyes for this picture. Her medal even has her name engraved on the back! Maybe I'll look back on this picture in 15 years, when she's an Olympic gold medalist in kickboarding. (That's a thing, right?)

Then it was Caleb's turn! 
The 6&under boys were the first to get their awards.

Caleb won the "Most Improved" award for his age group.

His trophy had his name, and "Most Improved" on it. I love that these coaches know my boy so well!

He also got a plaque for swimming in the conference meet. He was pretty excited about that one.

My boy. This season stretched him and grew him so much, and I am so proud of him!

After all of the awards were handed out, it was time for the annual shaving cream fight. 
I stayed safely behind the pool fence, but managed to snap this awesome image of my people.

Caleb usually hates getting messy, but this fight was definitely a highlight for him.

And for her. Daisy was thrilled! (The veteran swimmers warned us to put goggles on the kids, because the shaving cream stings the eyes.)

So much fun!

When we finally got home, I remembered that *gasp!* tomorrow is Lily's third birthday! I needed to take her last picture as a two-year-old! The sun was definitely set, but I squeezed out a few drops of light for this picture:
This time three years ago, labor hadn't even started. Chris and I were debating about whether to try to induce her, or keep waiting. We decided to wait, and at 6:10 the next morning, she was in my arms. Happy early birthday, Lily Clare!

No comments:

Post a Comment