December 7

Woo hoo! I'm caught up with the blog, and almost caught up with editing my photo sessions. I have one left to edit, and none on my calendar for the rest of the year, so hopefully I'll be back to posting decent pictures here again soon.

Today was Do-Nothing Monday, but the girls didn't think that sounded too exciting. Even before we had Caleb on the school bus, they were begging to go to the zoo or the Botanical Garden. Me? I just wanted to putter around the house in my sweat pants and fold laundry. We compromised on a visit to Grandma's house.

Mom has the week off work, so she was really excited to spend the morning with some of her grandbabies. We made cookies and the kids played while I helped her purge some household items. All in all, a morning well spent.

The girls love making cookies!

Mom was impressed at how well they hold the mixer. I was impressed by Daisy's outfit. Floral shirt, t-shirt, poofy floral skirt, and jeans. Girl can layer.

Also, Lily's ponytail is cracking me up. Some days I don't choose to fight the hair battle; as long as it is brushed, I don't force them to pull it out of their faces. It bothered Mom, though, so I used one of my hair ties to put it up. 

This was right about when Lily looked at my mom's festive Christmas sweatshirt and said, "Like you shirt, Grandma!"
Mom was tickled beyond belief,  because she wore the shirt just for the girls. I love that Lily is the sort of child who notices things like that, who is quick with a compliment, who always thinks to say thank you and show appreciation. She is such a sweet little spirit - the perfect compliment to Daisy's spice.

I let the girls eat cookies for lunch.

Then we headed home for late naps. After dinner, I was finally able to fold all that laundry. As I sat on the floor in Eli's room, folding laundry, Lily put one of Caleb's fedoras on me and sidled up behind me. You know I snapped a selfie.
Aren't we funny?

And then Eli came crawling in, plowed through all of my piles of freshly folded laundry, and climbed into my lap. I love that kid. I'm pretty sure today he actually tried to sign "milk" to me while he was nursing. He may have also tried to wave for the first time. We'll see if he can do it again tomorrow before I call it official.

And finally, it was bedtime. 
This makes my heart sing.

Happy, happy, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment