June 9

Hmm... we are doing lots of fun things, but somehow I don't seem to be taking pictures of them. 

Today, for example, the girls and I had a picnic in the park with Amber and her darling children. We had a caravan of children as we walked to the park: me with Lily on my back, and Daisy and Amber's Gussie in my BOB, Amber pushing her double BOB filled with picnic baskets and blankets and cameras, but no children, Michael on his balance bike, Catherine on foot, and Mary meandering behind with her bag full of toy ponies. I am sure we were quite the sight!

But somehow, I only ended up with this photo:
That's seven-and-a-half year-old Catherine who continually surprised me by picking up Lily and walking around with Lily on her hip. I know no other seven-year-old as mature, resourceful, and competent as Catherine. I know no other seven-year-old I'd let hold my baby unsupervised! Catherine, however, is one of a kind. I think I need to figure out how to get a Catherine of my own!

We left Amber's house with just enough time to pick Caleb up from "sillygarten". When we got home, I unloaded his backpack and found this gem:
The top said "Caleb", but his water bottle spilled a little bit on the paper. 
The bottom is his attempt to write "Daisy" - he's still learning how to write an S.
And the picture? Caleb and a curly-haired Daisy, holding hands.
I love, love, love that while he was at school, he was thinking of his sister. I love that he drew them holding hands. I love their bright little smiles, and I love that every picture he draws of Daisy has sweet little curls like that.

This picture reminds me that we must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment