June 3

When Chris and I discovered that tonight was Superhero Night at the ballpark, we decided to celebrate Father's Day a little bit early by taking the kids there. It was Lily's first Cardinals game, and we had so much fun!

We stopped at STL250 birthday cake #7 for us. Caleb was unimpressed. Daisy was too busy enjoying the ride in the Ergo that she didn't care about the cake. (Daisy was in the Ergo because we parked far enough away that we doubted Daisy could walk it fast enough, I had Lily on my back in my new linen wrap, and Chris had a backpack full of our dinner to carry, too.)

She may be three now, but she still loves to be worn in the Ergo!

Superhero Night meant a few things:
1. We got some awesome superhero shirts.
2. The kids got Cardinals capes.
3. Fans were all dressed in their superhero best.
4. Costumed superheroes were roving the stadium for photo opps.

The game started right around dinnertime, so we got there early and ate a picnic dinner. We also had time to pay our traditional visit to Fredbird. 
\
Aren't they cute?

Happy baby, in our new linen wrap. I'm getting the hang of it! Tonight I put her up in the wrap three different times, and I feel like I'm gaining confidence and ease as I continue to practice.

Lily gobbled up some yogurt, and an apple, and part of a gluten-free PBJ. Girl was hungry!

Caleb and Daisy were thrilled with their new capes, delighted to be at the stadium, excited about all of the superheroes, and amazed that they got to eat real sandwiches for dinner!

Caleb met Iron Man.

I love the skeptical look on Caleb's face.

We also met a kind of creepy Superman.

Caleb loved his cape. He kept pulling at the sides to make it billow as he walked.

We stopped for some batting practice,

And Caleb found a giant fan and discovered that he could "fly"!

*sigh*
Happy early Father's Day, indeed.

I just can't get enough of those two in their capes!

We got to our seats just in time for Kolten Wong's grand slam, which was awesome but also meant fireworks. The kids hate the fireworks at Busch Stadium. Eventually they got over it, though, and much later Caleb stopped covering his ears.

We sat in the bleachers this time - my first time ever in the bleachers - and we loved it! I am definitely a bleachers girl from now on. They're perfect for the little ones!

Lily loved her first Cardinals game. She also loved that apple.

More fireworks???

Why does Lily look so happy and I look so frazzled? Girl was hungry, so I chose to nurse her right there instead of traipsing all over creation to find the First Aid station and nurse her in one of their booths. It was the most public location I have ever nursed a child, but we rocked it.

Happy girl!

She stood like this for a good fifteen minutes.

The kids had second dinner.

And I got to kiss this handsome guy - on the Kiss Cam! It's long been a life goal of mine to be on Kiss Cam, and it finally happened! It was awesome, especially because at the time of our kiss, Lily was on my lap, Daisy was next to me, and Caleb was next to her. Chris and I had to lean across all three children for our kiss!
Also awesome was that at least five friends of mine were at the stadium and saw us on the Kiss Cam, as well as one of Chris' co-workers.

We ended up staying until the bottom of the fifth inning, and left while the children were still happy and cooperative. It was perfect.

On our way out, our last superhero sighting of the night was Captain America. Caleb gave him a fist bump.

Super Caleb, under the Arch. He asked me to wash his new shirt so that he could wear it to "sillygarten" tomorrow. When I suggested that he could tell his classmates about the game during sharing time, he said, "Good idea, Mommy!" 
I love that boy.

On our way back to the car, Chris snapped this selfie of him wearing Daisy in the Ergo, me wearing Lily on my back in the wrap, and Caleb (who didn't want to be in the picture!) in the bottom corner. What a fun, fun night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sounds like a great time! I can't believe you were on the kiss cam, how perfect! XOXO

    ReplyDelete