June 26

Day three of our trip to visit my grandparents was a fun one!

Chris and my aunt, Deb, took the kids on a bike ride around the lake. Many years ago, my grandpa loaned money to a man who was starting a bike shop. The store ended up doing really well, and is now located on prime real estate next to the lake, where he sells and rents bikes. The store owner, who has a great fondness for Grandpa, got Chris and Caleb set up with a bike and a Tag Along bike trailer, and Deb and Daisy set up with a bike and child seat. I intended to go with them, but ended up staying back so that Lily and I could spend some quality time with my mom and grandparents.

The bicycling group really enjoyed themselves, stopping at a few beaches along the way to play and rest. Grandma and Grandpa live in a condo overlooking the lake, so Chris called when they were passing by. I took these shots from the balcony:
Deb was a good sport about towing around 30 extra pounds of Daisy, and Caleb and Chris loved the Tag Along bike. We may have to buy one!

Biking boys! Caleb was concentrating on his pedaling. I was surprised to learn that Caleb's pedaling actually helped them go faster!

And our biker chicks! Daisy was so happy behind Deb!

After the cyclists were done cycling, we all had lunch together. Daisy is being silly and squirmy in this picture, but she's so darn cute!

Lily and Deb enjoyed some snuggles together. After their playtime at the pool yesterday, they were fast friends.

Caleb only wanted to make silly faces for the camera, but Deb tickled some smiles out of him.

Goodness. Wrangling three children for a photo is challenging! This was the best one I got of all three of them with Deb.

Deb helped Daisy figure out which shoe went on which foot.

And Daisy showed us her best silly face.

Chris and Lily enjoyed the sunshine, gentle breeze, and lovely view on the balcony,

and Daisy snuggled in for some cuddles with Great-Grandpa.

Again, wrangling three children for photos is hard. 

Leo and Madonna with two of their four children, and three of their eleven great-grandchildren.

Lily was done with pictures, but I had to sneak in for one, too.

Then, Lily could recharge her batteries with some Grandma snuggles. I know Mom will hate this one, but I love it because it's so peaceful, real, and unvarnished. 

Later, there was a small thunderstorm. After it cleared, we were excited to see not one, but two rainbows! 
Lovely, isn't it?

We couldn't resist a photo of our Baby Rainbow with the rainbows.

Caleb and Daisy were fascinated!

And then it was time to say goodbye. 
It was bedtime, and Deb's flight back to Oregon left the next morning. Grandma and Grandpa would have to be on the road at 7am to get her to the airport in time, so we said our goodbyes. I think Deb and I were both delighted that our cautious Caleb gave her great big goodbye hugs.

Before we got in the car, I took a few more photos of the kids with the rainbows. 
I think this one is my favorite.

Aren't they cute, all lined up on a bench?

And kisses for their Baby Rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment