June 6

It has become increasingly clear that Caleb and Daisy are both ready to start giving up their naps. Caleb still eagerly naps for two-three hours each day, but when we put him to bed at 8:30 he has trouble falling asleep. Daisy, meanwhile, takes an hour or two to fall asleep at naptime, if she falls asleep at all. So today, I decided to bite the bullet and not put them down for naps.

They loved it, and it wasn't as terrible as I thought. Both kids chose to "rest" in the front room instead of napping.
Caleb may have actually slept for about thirty minutes while he listened to music on the iPod.

Daisy sat on the couch and played with a doll.

And Lily?
She proved to me that she is truly mobile, using a combination crawl/scoot to get all over the room. I didn't put her in front of this window, but she clearly wanted to be there.

She was quite pleased with herself.

While the kids rested and Lily explored, I finally scrubbed the kitchen floor. With all the house projects, I kept putting it off, but it should have been done long ago. Remarkably, I got the floor 3/4 done before a child interrupted me!

After dinner, we decided to celebrate Caleb's first week of "Sillygarten" by going out for ice cream.
When we arrived at the ice cream shop, Daisy was sound asleep. At 6:15. Poor kid. Maybe she's not ready to give up naps?

Caleb wanted to eat his ice cream by the river, so we walked there.

His ice cream melted the whole way. He didn't mind.

Daisy wanted "turquoise" ice cream, and was disappointed that there was none. We were able to appease her with some rainbow sherbet.

And Lily? 
I wore her on my back, but she saw my Rocky Road cone and kept squawking and fussing and wiggling until I gave her some. 

We figured out a great method: I held my cone up over my shoulder, and she buried her mouth and nose in it and slurped ice cream out of it. It was surprisingly effective, and shockingly messy. Lily didn't mind.

1 comment:

  1. ahahahah that Lily picture with the chocolate face! How funny! Fun times with Maggie above too!

    ReplyDelete