June 16

I woke up on this glorious Do-Nothing Monday to discover that my Achilles tendinitis had flared up again, and I have been hobbling around like an old woman all day. It's not fun.

But it was Do-Nothing Monday! After dropping Caleb off at school, the girls and I... did nothing.

Well, Lily practiced her standing. Over and over and over, she practiced pulling up to a stand, using my knees, my hands, my back for leverage. When I finally directed her to the crib, something clicked in her fiercely determined little baby mind, and she started cruising!

I love the focus and surprise on her face. I also love how big she looks here, almost like a toddler!

Oh! Holding on with one hand! She'll be standing independently soon!
This milestone is all the sweeter because Caleb and Daisy hit it so much later. I'm not sure if Caleb ever cruised; I know he never did the hold-onto-fingers-and-walk thing. And Daisy didn't do any of this until she was maybe 15 months old?

But this sweet girl? She's got it down!

She woke up from her afternoon nap just as I was starting to make dinner, so I tossed her up on my back in the wrap. Daisy saw, and asked, "When Lily is done with her turn, may I have a turn?"
She asked so politely that I couldn't say no.

Lily got bored after I was done with all the prep work; apparently she prefers to watch prep, and not actual cooking? So I put Lily down and Superman-ed Daisy up onto my back.

That girl was so happy! And though Daisy is closing in on 30 pounds, she didn't feel very heavy at all on my back.  I love that she loves to be wrapped, too!

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! You are such a good mom and so fun and sweet to those kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete