June 29

I'm finally caught up with blog posts from our trip!

Since we got home late yesterday evening, we decided to skip church today and have a Do-Nothing Sunday to rest and recover. I did laundry and went grocery shopping, and Chris and the kids washed the cars. I caught up on blog posts, and Lily caught up on her naps. It was a good day.

I was editing photos this morning when Chris stuck his head in the kitchen and said, "You might want to take a picture of this."
That's reason #57,361 why I love my husbando. He always notifies me when something cute is happening.

This is what was happening:
Caleb and Daisy were trying their hardest to "help" Daddy wash all the road bugs off the car. It was pretty cute.

A little after noon, Caleb came inside and got dressed. Surprisingly, he chose to wear his Easter shirt and a pair of khaki pants. When I commented on it, he said that he has to wear his work clothes on Sundays. Then he asked me when we were going to church.

I was a little bit surprised, because we'd been playing and loafing all morning. When I told him that we had skipped church today, and that church was already over, he got pretty upset. He couldn't explain why he wanted so badly to go to church, but he did. Caleb was dressed and ready, but we weren't going.
Poor kid! I hadn't felt guilty about skipping church until that moment.  I'm glad to know it means something to him!

Later, Chris showed me Lily's new trick: she has started giving Chris kisses. 
He leans in and puckers up, and she leans in to smoosh her face against his. I know this is a terrible picture of it, but it's so, so, sweet.

She's also so, so, silly. Lily really is a very fun child!

Hi, Baby!

Time for another kiss!

After bathtime tonight, Chris came stomping down the hall, yelling, "It's a two-headed monster!" 
Daisy (wearing her Christmas jammies and Caleb's socks) was the second head, popped through the neck hole of Chris' shirt. Caleb wanted desperately for it to be a three-headed monster, but Chris didn't want to ruin his shirt.

Instead, Caleb was Spike-Headed Man!

Tomorrow, real life resumes. We have one commitment-free month to really enjoy summer, and it starts tomorrow.  Caleb still has five items on his summer to-do list, so we need to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment