June 20

Today was Caleb's last day of Sillygarten, and while he was at school, Amber and her kids came over to play. Caleb was thrilled that they were still there when he got home from school, and we had so much fun! I'm pretty sure the highlight for everyone was after lunch, when we filled up the baby pool and got out the sprinkler. The party really started rocking when we put the sprinkler at the top of the slide, and had a water slide in the backyard.
Sadly, I only got one picture of Michael and Caleb climbing up the slide while Catherine and Mary prepared to go down and Daisy supervised. Even sadder was that our happy, giggling, joyful children were so scantily clad that I probably shouldn't post that one picture here. There was also a diaper-clad Gussie in the mix, which brought things to a truly hilarious level. I wish I had thought to record the sound of the kids laughing, because it was the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. 

But I didn't record laughter or take more pictures because I had this going on:

Sweet Lily (who weighs 18 pounds exactly) was playing in the baby pool. Since she's currently obsessed with standing whenever and wherever she can, I had to keep a constant eye on her.

I love that mop of hair! And I have no idea what's in her hand...

Amber and her kids left just as Lily was ready for a nap. Caleb and Daisy were occupied in another room, so I snuck away without telling them. Honestly, I just wanted to avoid having the "Can we watch something while you put Lily down?" battle. So Lily and I crept off to her room, where I put her down for a nap. When I returned, I found this: 
Two happily exhausted children, reading to themselves. 
I love it.

Daisy got really whiny, so after a while I told her to go back to her room and rest. Surprisingly, she listened! Thirty minutes later I went back to check on her and found this: 
Sound asleep, on top of her covers, using her giraffe costume as a blanket. It was absurdly sweet. Not absurdly sweet? Waking her up for dinner. She shrieked for a solid ten minutes. Yikes!

After dinner, Chris had a work event. The kids and I were feeling frisky, so Caleb called my mom and asked her to meet us for ice cream. I was too busy wiping chins and hands to take any pictures, but we had a lot of fun. Grandma is still Lily's very favorite person, which is absolutely hilarious. After ice cream, the kids and I explored the riverfront. We came across a grove of pink day lilies, and Daisy was so excited!

"OH! Lilies! I LOVE lilies!"
Do you want me to take your picture?
"Oh, YES!"

Funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment