June 15

Happy Father's Day to my handsome husbando!

Our plans for the day ended up being pretty last-minute, and they were perfect.
First, we surprised Chris with a gift: matching ties for Chris and Caleb, and hair bows for the girls.
Caleb and Daisy helped Chris open the box.

Then, Chris took Caleb on a very special Daddy-Caleb date: his very first movie in the theater! They saw The Lego Movie, and Caleb loved it.

While the boys and I were gone, Daisy and I baked.
First, we made these grain-free brownies. They were amazingly delicious, and almost tasted like real brownies!

Then we made twice-baked potatoes for dinner. Daisy was excited to have a turn with the mixer!

When Chris and Caleb got home from their movie, Chris took all three children to his parents' house to wish  his dad a happy Father's Day. Then we headed to the pool for dinner and swimming with my family.

Lily continues to prefer Grandma over everyone else, including Mommy. 

Daisy presented Grandpa with cards that she and Caleb had made for him, and was shy, excited, and delighted when he read the things she said about him. 

Lily was happy to be outside, happy to be at the pool, happy to be with everyone... happy, happy, happy!

And this man. He is not only the world's best Daddy, but he is also our grillmaster.

After dinner, this happened: 

Yep. Caleb jumped off the diving board for the very first time. 
I also have video.

He was so, so, SO excited!
He kept talking about his diving board experiences, so we made a video of him explaining the whole thing.

My favorite part is when Caleb says, "I was as brave as a Ninja Turtle. I was scared like Bilbo Baggins. And... I think I should do it again."
Gosh, I love that kid!

Emily and her boys joined us, which made everything more fun.

Sweet girl.

The best part of the evening was when my Dad and Billy grabbed the Max Liquidators and began an epic water battle with Caleb. It appears that Caleb bested Grandpa?

Also, this happened. Lily was licking Jace, and it was hilarious.

These two were so funny together!

Crawling away!

And then I tried to take a picture of Chris with his darlings. However, every time I tried to take a picture, they did this:
Can you see that even Lily is making silly faces and noises? It was pretty funny.

This was the best one I got.

Oh, and this one of Caleb and Grandpa. Those two belong together!

1 comment:

  1. Wow so much fun! WOWWWEEE Caleb jumped! I love his explanation too, lol!

    ReplyDelete